Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday the 14th

Three weeks seems like a long time when you are starting out on an adventure, but it sure seems to have flown by quickly.  We got to work in Ishinomaki again today with the Samaritan’s Purse team.  There were more of them today and my interpreting ability was put to use with them today as we had two teams and only one interpreter for them today.  Mr. Hori also came so both my non-Japanese languages came in handy today.  Our team finished up where we worked yesterday then moved on to another garden cleaning job.  The other team was cleaning inside a house like we have been doing often lately.  There was another team that stayed in Tagajo and worked on things like we have been lately.
As my time here comes to a close I want to thank everyone who has been praying.  I have felt your prayers throughout my stay here.  God has been very good.  I also want to thank those who have given financially to help this cause.  The Shiogama church really is a hub for relief activities.  They have worked with a number of agencies and churches in Japan to keep spreading God’s love by being involved with the relief effort.  I am glad to have been able to be a part of this effort and to pass on your donations to a good cause.
The church here covets your prayers as they continue in the relief effort.  I would appreciate your continued prayers as I travel to Tokyo on tomorrow and on the States on Saturday.  Thanks for helping me be here and have a small part in this huge effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment