Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday the 29th

What an interesting and profitable day.  It felt good to finally be able to do something about all the destruction we have been seeing on TV.  We broke into teams of 5-8 and went door to door asking people if there was anything we could do to help.  We carried out 4 pianos, shoveled mud out of houses and helped people put a lifetime of accumulation into plastic trash bags.  Several people were  having a tough time of the loss of some of the things that meant so much to them.  The piano teacher for whom we removed her baby grand piano was one who struggled more than others.  The water line inside most houses was to my chest.
At the end of the day my brother was skyping the pastor at Yamagata Deaf Peoples Church.  I will now be filling the pulpit on 4/10 while he accompanies my brother to a Forum to represent deaf Bible translation interests.  Thus I will particularly appreciate your prayers.  It has been 25 years since I preached in Japanese sign language.  I already warned him that I would be bumbling through with the language.
I have also yet to determine where I will be serving after the cb missionary team heads back south to Tokyo.  I would appreciate prayers for directions. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." 2nd Corinthians 4:13-15 and my prayer for you!!

    ReplyDelete