Sunday, March 27, 2011

Arrival

As I fly over the Pacific looking forward to the weeks to come I realize just how appropriate the scriptures Claudia read on Thursday evening.  “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”IICorinthians 4:7 (but read through v 11).  I realize how much I need to rely on the strength of God to be able to help others in these next three weeks.  I am looking forward to working with a strong team  this next week.
God was faithful to allow some of the food I took in my carry-on to pass.  It was a paste in greater than 3oz measure and should have been in my checked luggage.   They had mercy on me when I told them why I needed it and told them they could take it if they needed to do so.
Got here safely at 4:35pm.  Found the right train.  It doesn’t really feel like I was gone except that everyone has cell phones on the trains now.  Also Tokyo is exceptionally dark as people are still conserving electricity so they don’t have as many blackouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment